Group of volunteers at a Reading Rocks event for children
|Volunteer at the Library|
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the following positions that will be starting in March 2017.
- English Conversation Mentors, One-on-One ( you must speak English Fluently for this position)
- Ushers (shifts primarily 6:00 pm -9:00 pm Monday- Thursday)
- Children's Program and Special Events Volunteers *must be available Saturdays, Winter break and March break
- Technology Tutors - Locations requiring Volunteers: Beacock, Central, East London, Jalna, Landon, Sherwood, Westmount. Our highest priority need is for volunteers available between 10 am and 3pm on weekdays or Saturdays*
If you are interested in our other positions you are welcome to apply, however we will be looking to fill our Highest Priority needs first.
|About Our Volunteer Program|
The volunteer program of London Public Library was created to support the value-added services that are vital to our community. Our volunteer program helps strengthen people and neighbourhoods by creating connections that enrich lives, inspire discovery, foster creativity, and expand possibilities.
We work with over 400 volunteers annually. These individuals believe in the value of the Library and want to contribute to their community.
We look for people who are:
- passionate about continuous learning,
- embrace working in a diverse and inclusive environment, and
- who respect and provide excellent customer services.
Throughout the year we may have other opportunities for volunteers at many of our branches. We welcome you to review our volunteer position descriptions and fill out our online application.
- All applicants who are accepted will be required to have a Police Information Check (PIC) or a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) successfully completed before they start. The cost for this is currently $15.00
- When submitting a volunteer application, please indicate the top one to three positions that interest you.
- Not all positions are available at every library location or at every time of the year.
- Some volunteers assist with more than one volunteer position.
- It may take up to 3 months for an interview as we interview for highest priority needs first
- Shelving and organizing books is not a volunteer position at the Library. It is a paid staff position. You can ask at your local library branch for more information about this staff position.