Link to Accessible Catalogue
 

D.F. Buchanan

Pottersburg Post Office Opens

130 years ago on March 1st, 1887, a post office was established at Pottersburg, east of the city limits in London Township.  William Grray was the first postmaster.  D.F. Buchanan operated the office from his grocery store on the southwest corner of Dundas and Hale streets from May 1st, 1891 until his death on April 10th, 1923.