Searching the Catalogue
Customizing your Account
- My Reading History - After you activate the "Store My Reading History" function in your account, you'll be able to see a list of everything you ever borrow from the library from the time you have activated this feature. Even after you've checked the items back in, they will stay on this list for your reference.
- Setting up and saving Favourite Searches (available in the Accessible Catalogue only) - Save searches for your favourite authors or on subjects you are interested in and receive an email each time a new item matching your search criteria arrives at the library.
- My Reviews and My Ratings - Write your reviews of books at the library and add your starred ratings. You'll see other people's reviews at the bottom of each screen.
- My Library Bag: all about My Lists - Create lists of books, movies or cds you want to borrow or topical lists, such as "Books for my Science Project" or "My Favourite Parenting Books". You'll be able to use the My Library Bag button to create these easily.
- My Library Bag: managing My Lists - After you've created a list, find out how to delete your lists or how to delete specific titles from your lists.
- How to receive text notifications on your cell phone
Placing and Managing Holds
- Place a hold
- Placing multiple holds using My Library Bag - Instead of placing each hold individually per item, you can put all the items you want to place holds on into your "Library Bag" and then place the hold once for all of them simultaneously.
- Freeze a Hold - Before you go away on vacation, remember to freeze your holds. You won't have to worry about the hold coming in while you were away and, when you get back from vacation, unfreeze your hold and you will still be in the same spot on the hold list.
Paying Fines Online