May 1, 1916 Fred Landon becomes London's fourth chief librarian.
December 28, 1918 London’s second branch library, South (presently Landon) Branch opens at 14 Askin Street.
January 17, 1922 The Board of Education grants the use of a room in the new Victoria Public School to the London Public Library Board for its South (presently Landon) Branch Library.
1924 The South (presently Landon) Branch Library moves to its present location at 167 Wortley Road.
September 8, 1955 A new building is opened for the South Branch Library and it is renamed the Fred Landon Branch Library.
September 17, 2005 The completely renovated Landon Branch opens with enlarged children's and collections areas, a new community meeting room, the addition of an elevator and new exterior entrance ways, ramp, sidewalk and stairs.
Click HERE for a complete chronological history of London Public Library.