We offer related programs to "Social Sciences" such as lectures and workshops. View them here.
At the Library
In the Government Documents section on the 2nd Floor of the Central branch library, you will find a wealth of federal and provincial information to meet your Social Science research needs. A sample includes:
- Social Trends - Canadian Social Trends is a monthly publication of Statistics Canada, containing reports and statistics on a variety of social trends such as "Sleep habits", "Car dependence", "Children and sports", "Divorce" and "Abuse". See them online.
- Status of Women - the Standing Committee on the Status of Women publishes occasional reports highlighting trends and developments relating to the status of women in Canada.
- Disabled Persons - the Office for Disabled Persons (Ontario) publishes a statistical profile of disabled persons in Ontario.
More government information is available online
Magazine, Newspaper, Encyclopedia & Journal Articles
Use Information Databases to search thousands of current and expert articles on your topic at one time.
Popular Culture and Religion E-Newsletter
- reviews of new and upcoming books
- info about related programs and services we offer
- delivered regularly to your email
- all book reviews are linked to our catalogue so you may easily place a book you're interested in on hold
- Find out more